Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 and BYOD without certs?

Greetings,

I am trying to set up BYOD, but without certs. I have it working, but wanted to find out if there is a way to skip the install part on the registration process. I found this link, but it doesn't seem to work on 2.3

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-byod-onboarding-flow-how-to-skip-the-1st-2nd-onboarding-step/ta-p/3642909

I know if you get to this point and close out and reconnect, you get onto the network without installing software or certs, but I want to not have to explain that to everyone.

Thanks,

15 Replies 15

Yeah, I tried with the certs, but looking for convenience. Since we are looking at thousands of devices and only putting them on a public network, we are just using 802.1x for the login, and then registering the device for tractability. Even if someone cloned a MAC, they would have to have a valid login.

The issue I had with the certs is on iOS, the user got prompted multiple times for login to install certs and profile. This would probably be less if we ran a public cert on ISE, but not completely. As for android, I don't like having to make them install an app, and in testing, I had it installed, but it said it couldn't talk to ISE even though it was redirecting web to it.