cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 Login Issues - Accepts login but doesnt land on the prompt to run commands; cant access GUI either

zeu7
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ISE Techs,

I've recently had four ISE 2.4 patch 4 servers (VMs) setup and built in a distributed deployment, however, I've started experiencing problems with two of the ISE Servers. I cannot load the GUI for these servers - one is the Primary PAN, the other a PSN.

When I attempt to login to the CLI I'm prompted for credentials, which are accepted, however, I never get to the hostname/username#     prompt on the CLI. Instead the cursor remains blinking. I've tried this with both SecureCRT and Putty but the result is the same with both servers. So essentially, I can neither login to the GUI or the CLI. The other 2 servers are fine.

The only way to recover from this is to power-cycle the Server VMs. But after a few hours the issue reappears.

Has anyone run into this and what is a workaround to it.

I've attached a file that shows a partial screenshot of what I see when I attempt login to the Primary PAN CLI using SecureCRT

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

These are the exact symptoms when VMware snapshots are enabled. Talk to the VMware team. The VMware task logs will show if snapshots are taking place.

ISE will not tolerate VMware snapshots at all. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

These are the exact symptoms when VMware snapshots are enabled. Talk to the VMware team. The VMware task logs will show if snapshots are taking place.

ISE will not tolerate VMware snapshots at all. 

Thanks Damien,

you were absolutely spot on. The VMware team did confirm that when CommVault runs it’s backup every night a snapshot is performed. So every morning I've been running into the same issue. They've removed that now, so hopefully this issue will go away and we're all good.