Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 Scalability

scamarda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Column 6(Max Merged Session) is a subset of Column 4(Max Radius Sessions) 

On a 3515 standalone deployment ISE supports maximum 7500 Radius Sessions, 100,000 Passive ID sessions

Merged Sessions will be a subset of above numbers.

MAX RADIUS includes Merged Sessions & MAX Passive ID includes Merged Sessions.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Columns 6 and 7 are both for numbers on Easy Connect. Column 6 is when the ISE node acting as PSN as well as some other persona, such as PAN. Column 7 is when the ISE node acting as PSN only.

Columns 6 and 7 are for Easy Connect as mentioned by hslai...But i think Shared PSN'S mean , the PSN's which are used for both Radius and Easy Connect Sessions, and Dedicated PSN's are the one's which are used only for Easy Connect sessions..

Do you mean by dedicating PSNs for Passive ID? Easy Connect itself needs both RADIUS and Passive ID. Please clarify how it is tested by your team.

Yes Agreed...

My mistake...Easy connect Involves both radius and Passive ID...

Went through the guide again,

Standalone cannot have dedicated PSN's, that is reason why the 7th column row 1 is marked as NA.

I agree with hslai, shared psn's have other persona's running in it, and dedicated PSN's have only PSN persona.

Thanks for validating it.

On the other hand, I found ISE 2.2 and 2.3 Passive Identity (Passive ID) and Easy Connect Scaling has a table showing better numbers with PSNs dedicated to Passive ID Service. 

Sorry.  The light is not going on for me.   Does the 1000 number in column 6 just refer to EasyConnect sessions or the total between Radius and EasyConnecton the machine?  If it was doing active authentication on the 3515, can I still do 7500 max radius session and also 1000 EasyConnect sessions?

Column 6(Max Merged Session) is a subset of Column 4(Max Radius Sessions) 

On a 3515 standalone deployment ISE supports maximum 7500 Radius Sessions, 100,000 Passive ID sessions

Merged Sessions will be a subset of above numbers.

MAX RADIUS includes Merged Sessions & MAX Passive ID includes Merged Sessions.