Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.6 Endpoint Identiy Groups

Chris P
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I hope you guys have already seens this.

I am trying to assign a mac to a group (static assignement) and I get this:

Unable to create the endpoint.
Endpoint ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ:ZZ already exists 

However when I search for the specific MAC address I can't find it (via Context Visibility > Endpoints).

Is there another way to list Endpoints Identity groups?

Is there another way to search for a specific mac address that hasn't yet been seen on the network devices?

thank you for your responses.

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shane.vickers
Level 1
Level 1

Chris,

A different way to change the static assignment of a MAC address would be to import the endpoint from a template (Context Visibility > Endpoints > Import > Import from file). 

Generate a template, add the MAC address of the endpoint and then add the name of static Identity Group you're trying to change it to under the 'IdentityGroup' field then save/upload the file.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I've tried going through the following menu:
Work Centers/Network Access/Identities

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

shane.vickers
Level 1
Level 1

Chris,

A different way to change the static assignment of a MAC address would be to import the endpoint from a template (Context Visibility > Endpoints > Import > Import from file). 

Generate a template, add the MAC address of the endpoint and then add the name of static Identity Group you're trying to change it to under the 'IdentityGroup' field then save/upload the file.