Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.6 GUI WITH ISSUES TO OPEN MENU

vaguirre17
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community.

I have issues to open some tabs on ISE 2.6 patch 5 each option is takig a long time to open or show information for example Radius live logs or detailed reports behind this.

CPU, memory and /opt are under 45%. 

The deployment have 2PSN and 2 Admin.

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello @vaguirre17 

These kinds of experiences are always a bit hit and miss. I wouldn't say I ever had a speedy experience with ISE GUI - some parts are always slow no matter what.

Is the PAN running on a VM or hardware?

How close is your web browser client to the PAN in terms of IP hops? Was it ever working "fast" and only since patch was applied it became slow?

I would suggest a few things if you haven't already

Try a different browser that you have not used before for ISE (e.g. try the new Edge in Windows 10 - it's based on Chrome)

If that doesn't make it any faster, then perform a traceroute from your client to the PAN to see the RTT of the ICMP traffic.

If that checks out fine then perhaps the PAN needs a reload. In a scheduled maintenance window you can stop application ise and then reload the whole box. Wait for reboot and application restart and then test again,

if still slow then call the TAC and ask them to debug the GUI in the browser (debugging turned on) - it will show you where the delays are (i.e. which elements are causing the page rendering to stall).

Hello @Arne Bier.

The nodes are appliances.  There is just one hop actually the PAN GUI goes faster/slower randomly It doesn't matter the browser. Actually I have another customer with a 2.4 deployment and I have a better experience than with the 2.6. 

Last 4 days I could use the GUI without issues. We had a patch installation so the boxes were reloaded I really hope this could help for a while.

Thanks

Vale