Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.7 add Network Device: HTTP Rest Api

gaigl
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

have a problem with a ISE deployment 2.7 (on a standalone VM this is ok)

I want to add a network device for TACACS+ (the same for RADIUS), enter name, IP, type, location, Secret, I get an error

ise-rest-api.JPG

I search and find under Advanced Trust Sec Setting a red field, where I should enter a Username & Password:

ise-rest-api-1.JPG

where does this come from?

I found something about ERS but this is all disabled, I never configured something about Rest API:

ise-rest-api-2.JPG

when I enter a username & password it's ok, but a time ago, when I added the last device this was not necessary

could someone help me with this Issue?

Thanks

Karl

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
2.7 introduced a new feature with TrustSec device provisioning and updates leveraging a web based https API over port 9063. This is actually independent of the ERS API screenshot you shared, but is related to the network device section being flagged.

Unless you had the main "Advanced TrustSec Settings" configuration section checked, then this should not be a required field and is actually greyed out on my end. I just did a test with ISE 2.7 patch 2, and I did not have an issue generating a new NAD with this section left blank. Which patch are you running, and before anything else I would try a different browser. In the past I have had some odd experiences with password boxes being activated by my web browser.

View solution in original post

Hi Damien,

thanks for your reply, indeed i had some problems with firefox (window freezes when I klick on AD-Connection), but I think the ISE (2.7 patch2) had another problem:

I wanted to correct the groups of the AD, then all admin-groups disappeared, so I made a config restore, and now adding a Network Device is working fine again.

Sorry that I cannot provide more details, but restore was urgent.

Karl

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
2.7 introduced a new feature with TrustSec device provisioning and updates leveraging a web based https API over port 9063. This is actually independent of the ERS API screenshot you shared, but is related to the network device section being flagged.

Unless you had the main "Advanced TrustSec Settings" configuration section checked, then this should not be a required field and is actually greyed out on my end. I just did a test with ISE 2.7 patch 2, and I did not have an issue generating a new NAD with this section left blank. Which patch are you running, and before anything else I would try a different browser. In the past I have had some odd experiences with password boxes being activated by my web browser.

Hi Damien,

thanks for your reply, indeed i had some problems with firefox (window freezes when I klick on AD-Connection), but I think the ISE (2.7 patch2) had another problem:

I wanted to correct the groups of the AD, then all admin-groups disappeared, so I made a config restore, and now adding a Network Device is working fine again.

Sorry that I cannot provide more details, but restore was urgent.

Karl