Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.7 changing AD Group for Admin Access

gaigl
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

ISE 2.7 Patch2: we've configured our ISE that Admin Access is enabled for a AD-Group, now the Domain Admins have changed some paths of the Groups, the Admin Access still works but after some time they want to remove the old Groups.

Now I wanted to update to the new Group, in the AD Connector I retrieve the new Group (with a different SID), that's ok.

Next under Admin Access - Admin Groups - Super Admins I want to switch to the new Group, no Error Message, but the field with the Group is empty and all Admin Groups are gone.

After this I can logon with the local Admin Account, but no way to get the Admin Groups back.

I have to restore a Backup, no other way.

Anyone an Idea for this Problem?

Thanks

Karl 

3 Replies 3

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try using a different browser.  If it still doesn't work, then it is a bug or an issue with your AD connection.  Run a test against that AD join point and see if there are any complaints.

Hi Colby,

I used Internet Explorer because with Firefox the window freezes when I click on the AD Connection.

I get all Attributes from the AD and AD shows "joined" so I think it's ok

Disable any ad blocker your browser has, they like to block the required Javascript to load the AD join page.