Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.7 license consumption for snmp traps

Hi All, 

I have question regarding cisco ise 2.7 license consumption. I have cisco prime that monitored very large number of devices through snmp traps. 

I need to know if each snmp traps consume 1 base license from ise or how ise will caculate this? please advise. 

Thanks in advance. 

Wagdy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I want to know if snmp traps consume base license for each trap of ISE.

-SNMP Traps do not consume a base license.  Base Licenses are consumed for the following features:

• Basic network access (AAA, IEEE-802.1X)

• Guest services

• Link encryption (MACSec)

• TrustSec

• ISE Application Programming Interfaces

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not quite sure I follow your concern.  However, if you decide to use ISE profiling for any means that could include profiling devices via the SNMP probes, and then decide to authorize hosts onto the network via the profiled groups, you will require plus licensing in a 1-for-1 scenario. 

Please see the following for a better understanding of ISE licenses/consumption: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-7/admin_guide/workflow/html/b_license_2_7.html

For ISE profiling: https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-profiling-design-guide/ta-p/3739456

HTH!

Mike, 

actually I will migrate from ACS to ISE 2.7 . I will not use profiling for this network. I monitor the newtowork devices with cisco prime infra using snmp traps. I want to know if snmp traps consume base license for each trap of ISE conside all traps as one session??? 

I want to know if snmp traps consume base license for each trap of ISE.

-SNMP Traps do not consume a base license.  Base Licenses are consumed for the following features:

• Basic network access (AAA, IEEE-802.1X)

• Guest services

• Link encryption (MACSec)

• TrustSec

• ISE Application Programming Interfaces

Mike, 

Thanks for your answer. now I knew what's licsense I need regardlles of how many snmp traps  used to monitor network devices. 

Thanks Mike

Wagdy