cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.7 patch 2 are using PXgrid version 2.????

JensMadsen
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know which exact PXgrid version (2.xxxx) ISE 2.7 patch 2 are using ?

I need the exact version of PXgrid version 2.xxx. I know its version 2.

Paloalto's Panorama plugin for Pxgrid do not work on 2.7, but is ok on 2.6 patch 8.

we need to know the difference in PXgrid in the two versions of ISE. so Paloalto is able to find the

problem in the Plugin.

it could also be the API interface on ISE that course the problem.

Its always Panorama that asks ISE for changes in PXgrid.

9 Replies 9

I think it uses pxGrid version 2.0.

Hi Aref

thanks, but I need the exact version of PXgrid version 2.xxx 

Paloalto's Panorama plugin for Pxgrid do not work on 2.7, but is ok on 2.6 patch 8.

we need to know the difference in PXgrid in the two versions of ISE. so Paloalto is able to find the

problem in the Plugin.

Jens 

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since ISE version 2.3, ISE has supported pxgrid version 1 and 2. It's up to the application code as to which version is used, ISE will support both v1 and v2 concurrently. 

Hi Damien

problem in the Plugin.

Jens 

Ping Zhou
Level 8
Level 8

Once your app establishes the connection with ISE successfully, check the pxgrid status on your ISE. If ISE says XMPP for your app, it's the older version of pxgrid. If ISE says web client, then it's the version2. I believe. 

Hi Ping Zhou

problem in the Plugin.

Jens 

It supports both v1 and v2. Which version is used that depends on the
subscriber. But ISE will accept both. So if you run FMC 6.6 subscriber it
will use v1 but if you run FMC 6.7 (by default) it will use v2.

***** please remember to rate useful posts

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is likely something only the developers will know. I pulled a 'show tech' from my 2.7 ISE cluster and could not find any reference to a pxGrid version.

You'll need to open a TAC case so they can escalate and try to get the Cisco and Palo Alto engineers working together.

yes i would recommend a tac case being opened by the customer. 

There is no version of pxGrid besides just v1 and v2

if the same exact system is working with 1 version of ISE and not the other it would be good to dissect what is happening. I would also suggest that palo alto get ISE system of both versions to check what is happening.

Not much changes between ISE versions with pxGrid and vendors are working with ISE 2.4-3.0 with pxGrid 2.0