Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3.1 Guest Splash Page - Common User/Monthly Password

John Cameron
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am looking to reproduce on ISE 3.1 an old Guest setup currently running on a WLC.  A single Guest user is referenced on Microsoft Radius and a month long password is uploaded to the controller along with the splash page.  Guest users don't enter the user and use the same password for that month.

So the same user is used by all with several hundred concurrent users and a connection cache for 7 days to prevent having to re-authenticate.

Not really a system I want to keep, but I need to migrate and change later.  I would appreciate any help because (not surprisingly) I am struggling to find a parallel example!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You can use the Hotspot portal on ISE to do this, you can set an access code which is basically the pre-shared key the guests should enter before they are allowed access to the network. Regarding the retention, you can set that on ISE by configuring the guests endpoints container purge with a specific amount of days as you wish.

View solution in original post

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a script that will do this.  It's for the Self-Registered Guest Portal.  Remember that each Guest user can login a maximum of 999 times, this script randomizes 3 guest users, which will allow 2997 logins.

I showed how to customize Guest Portals in the ISE Guest Access Part 2: Advanced Configurations webinar in February.

Here's my GitHub repository with the scripts I used (and more!) in the webinar: https://github.com/ISEDemoLab/ISE_Guest_Webinar

The one you're looking for is in the Self-Registered Guest Portal folder and is titled InternetOnlyButton.txt

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You can use the Hotspot portal on ISE to do this, you can set an access code which is basically the pre-shared key the guests should enter before they are allowed access to the network. Regarding the retention, you can set that on ISE by configuring the guests endpoints container purge with a specific amount of days as you wish.

John Cameron
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Aref!  I will give that a try.  The password is needed to be presented at the splash page with a COA acknowledgement included which is why I had not entertained a pre-shared key, but I will see how I go. 

With the Hotspot portal you can present the UAP and on the same page there will be the access code field, so the guest user has to accept the UAP and type the access code before they are allowed access to the network.

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a script that will do this.  It's for the Self-Registered Guest Portal.  Remember that each Guest user can login a maximum of 999 times, this script randomizes 3 guest users, which will allow 2997 logins.

I showed how to customize Guest Portals in the ISE Guest Access Part 2: Advanced Configurations webinar in February.

Here's my GitHub repository with the scripts I used (and more!) in the webinar: https://github.com/ISEDemoLab/ISE_Guest_Webinar

The one you're looking for is in the Self-Registered Guest Portal folder and is titled InternetOnlyButton.txt