cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3.1 Network user will be disable after 1 day

tjdwns4111
Level 1
Level 1

I use ISE 3.1 and there is few TACACS user. and the password lifetime is 30days.

And some users have not changed their passwords within 30 days, so they are disabled.

I changed the account to enable with the administrator account. And I changed the password of the user. However, after a day, the user is disabled again.

Is there a way to solve this problem other than deleting and re-registering users?

7 Replies 7

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Perhaps this setting is enabled?  The user must change their own password, not the admin. I have not used this feature before - I will try it and see if it works (i.e. if I can reproduce this issue and then fix it by the user resetting their own password - via a TACACS+ login/password reset)

ISE user password.png

@Arne Bier: where can I find this setting? We are running ISEVersion: 3.1.0.518 (Patch Information: 6,7)

We created Admin as local "Network Access User" for manage our Network Resources and need to implement ChangePassword Policy for this local Admins "Network Access User".

I found only this setting under "Administration>Admin Access>Authentication>Password Policy". I think this is for the ISE Admin User itself.

nssnas189_0-1700727888777.png

How or where can I set such policy for "Network Access User" Only?

Hello @nssnas189

Administration > Identity Management > Settings > User Authentication Settings > Password Policy

ArneBier_0-1701038848146.png

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@tjdwns4111 If the user has configured for an enable password, that also needs updated.

thank u for your advice. 

The enable password has never been changed. I will also change the enable password and test it.

Filip Po
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, what about this parameter? Is it set or unset in your environment?

Snímka obrazovky 2023-07-31 o 11.53.21.png

the account disable policy is not set in my enviroment.