Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3.1 remove country code for SMS provider

DavidAceti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I´m integrating the SMS in a guest portal in ISE 3.1 and  my SMS provider doesn´t admit country code in the value sent by ISE.

In my case the variable sent by ISE is $mobilenumber$ and the value is +34 XXXXXXXXX but my provider only accept XXXXXXXXX.

My first option was to talk with provider without lucky so now I´m trying to modify this variable on-the-fly ,

if anyone has another idea or how to modify this variable, I would appreciate.

Thanks

David 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ISE SMS Gateway configuration has an option to configure the mobile number sent to the provider:

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 8.28.52 AM.png

You will want to customize that JavaScript function to remove the "+34" from the mobile number sent to your SMS provider. You may try something like this:

function mobileNumber (mobileNumber) {
  number = mobileNumber.trim();
if (number.startsWith("+34")) {
// remove +34 and remove all non-digit characters
number = number.substr(3, number.length).replace(/\D/g, '');
}
return number;
}

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ISE SMS Gateway configuration has an option to configure the mobile number sent to the provider:

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 8.28.52 AM.png

You will want to customize that JavaScript function to remove the "+34" from the mobile number sent to your SMS provider. You may try something like this:

function mobileNumber (mobileNumber) {
  number = mobileNumber.trim();
if (number.startsWith("+34")) {
// remove +34 and remove all non-digit characters
number = number.substr(3, number.length).replace(/\D/g, '');
}
return number;
}

Thanks Thomas,

that was I´m looking for.

I just shortened the javascript function to avoid complain of ISE, and that how I set it:

function mobileNumber(mobileNumber) {

mobile=mobileNumber.substring(3);

return mobile;

}

gautham.com
Level 1
Level 1

This seems to be a known issue and the work around mentioned above did not work in 3.1.0.518-Patch5. However, It is fixed in 3.1.0.518-Patch7.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwe70975

Symptom:

once we tried to configure

function mobileNumber(mobileNumber) {

return mobileNumber.replace("+1","");

}

to remove +1 we see into pcap that +1 it is still sendin it even if the javascript is executed

Conditions: in ISE 3.1 patch 5 Workaround: no available Further Problem Description: this seems to be a regression of defect CSCvz66577

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-1/release_notes/b_ise_31_RN.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: