cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3415 License

Hans Bleiker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have a ISE 3415 with the license show in the attachement (600 end point). now i need 1000 end points more (wireless). the license names changed complete. before i think was L-ISE-AD5Y-W-1K= . this is end of sale. i am now not sure which license i have to order.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah - your existing licenses must be Mobility licenses (wireless and VPN only). That's why your Base licenses appear as term licenses.

The Mobility licenses are end of sales since last year:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/eos-eol-notice-c51-736559.html

In such a case, you would have to first convert the existing ones using the Mobility Upgrade Licenses. Only then can you add new licenses per the line items I listed earlier. 

Cisco ISE Mobility Upgrade Term License: L-ISE-MU-S-zzzz=

Term Subscription: ISE-MU-xYR-zzzz

(x = 1-, 3-, or 5-) year term

(zzzz = 100, 250, 500, 1K, 1500, 2500, 3500, 5K, 10K, 25K, 250K) endpoints

You should work with your reseller for this relatively complex licensing issue. If they are unsure, they can reach out to the Cisco partner helpdesk for presales inquiry.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To add licenses, you would add 3 SKUs - 1 each for Base, Plus and Apex licenses.

L-ISE-BSE-1K= (ISE 1,000 Endpoint Base License) (non-expiring)

L-ISE-PLS-S-1K= with sub-item ISE-PLS-1YR-1K (ISE 1-Yr 1K Endpoint Plus License)

L-ISE-APX-S-1K= with sub-item L-ISE-APX-1YR-1K (ISE 1-Yr 1K Endpoint Apex License)

If you want to make the licenses co-term with the existing ones or make them for multiple years, your reseller can customize the terms in the Cisco ordering tool.

that is this what is thougth too. i have already ordered the L-ISE-BSE-1K=. but i coud not install this license. i got a failure massage during the installation process. so i have contacted the cisco licensing team. this told me that this license is for wired and not wireless end points and that i need a differend license than this, but not which!

Ah - your existing licenses must be Mobility licenses (wireless and VPN only). That's why your Base licenses appear as term licenses.

The Mobility licenses are end of sales since last year:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/eos-eol-notice-c51-736559.html

In such a case, you would have to first convert the existing ones using the Mobility Upgrade Licenses. Only then can you add new licenses per the line items I listed earlier. 

Cisco ISE Mobility Upgrade Term License: L-ISE-MU-S-zzzz=

Term Subscription: ISE-MU-xYR-zzzz

(x = 1-, 3-, or 5-) year term

(zzzz = 100, 250, 500, 1K, 1500, 2500, 3500, 5K, 10K, 25K, 250K) endpoints

You should work with your reseller for this relatively complex licensing issue. If they are unsure, they can reach out to the Cisco partner helpdesk for presales inquiry.

this make sense for me. i think is a littel bit complicatet. i will contact my reseller. thanks marvin for the support.

You're welcome.

Please rate if the answers helped.