Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ise aaa with Cisco Switch in EVE-NG

Hi,

I hope that u are doing good.

I installed  a windows 7  in vmware workstation and  i instaled a switch cisco in EVE-NG.

The purpose is to authenticate windows wired card with the cisco ise that also installed in vmware.

Result : Ping between windows 7 and switch  work correctly but when a activate 802.1x in wired card i dont receive any think in a switch console when a activate a debug command (like any information that send to switch).

Can u please help me to resolve that issue?

12 Replies 12

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

How did you configure your Windows supplicant?
What's the switch port configuration?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi,

Thank u for your reply.

You’ll find attached   supplicant configuration.

Switch port configuration :

switchport mode access
duplex auto
authentication host-mode multi-auth
authentication port-control auto

mab
dot1x pae authenticator
spanning-tree portfast

Thank you.

hi,

I add the logs that i received in switch :

*Apr 30 12:26:10.759: %DOT1X-5-FAIL: Authentication failed for client (Unknown MAC) on Interface Et0/1 AuditSessionID 0A010202000000020030647C
*Apr 30 12:26:10.759: %AUTHMGR-7-RESULT: Authentication result 'no-response' from 'dot1x' for client (Unknown MAC) on Interface Et0/1 AuditSessionID 0A010202000000020030647C
*Apr 30 12:26:10.759: %AUTHMGR-7-FAILOVER: Failing over from 'dot1x' for client (Unknown MAC) on Interface Et0/1 AuditSessionID 0A010202000000020030647C
*Apr 30 12:26:10.759: %AUTHMGR-7-NOMOREMETHODS: Exhausted all authentication methods for client (Unknown MAC) on Interface Et0/1 AuditSessionID 0A010202000000020030647C
Switch(config-if)#
*Apr 30 12:26:10.759: %AUTHMGR-5-FAIL: Authorization failed for client (Unknown MAC) on Interface Et0/1 AuditSessionID 0A010202000000020030647C

Is your end goal to do user, computer, or both for authentication? I see you have the native supplicant set to user auth. If trying to just do comp then switch that to computer auth only. Also, are you trying to perform mab, dot1x, or enable both? If both try setting up dot1x order and priority. Ex:
#authentication order mab dot1x
#authentication priority dot1x mab
Test with the tweaked settings. Good luck & HTH!

thank's for your answer.

However i tested with tweak  setting but i had the same behavior(don't work).

My end goal is to authenticate user and computer.

I tried to test with network card just to assume that all work correctly.

Thank's

What switch model are you using and which ios are you running?

When the pc is connected on the switch and these logs are shown, if you run check on the port, do you see the mac address learned?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Kindly provide the "sh tech" output from the switch.

Hi,

Thank u to find attached show version and show tech.

When i delete radius configuration in the port switch and i ping switch from pc it can learn mac address.But when i configure radius in port i can't ping switch,  i can't autenticate PC and i can't learn mac adresse.

Thank you.

You're running the IOL image, I missed that part.
The best way would be to create a windows pc image within EVE and not outside to make sure the mac address is forwarded to your virtual switch

Thanks
Francesco

Please take a packet capture on your PC, it looks like the PC is not responding for any EAPoL:EAP Request-identity frame or not receiving any.

I'm not sure the vmware workstation will be able to pass it on an another virtual environment that is running a virtual switch. That's why I asked to try building a eve-ng windows host. This use case will work.

Thanks
Francesco

Osman Salah
Level 1
Level 1

Try To Remove check under Verify servers to validate the  EAP certificate if you are not using certificate-based authentication.

Please Rate if it helpful for you 

DOT.PNG