Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE and VMWare VADP support

mmasarat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Quick question: is it possible to use WMware VADP to backup ISE Guests (on a ISE virtual appliance)?

As far as I know we can only use ISE backup system, I couldn't find any reference to VADP.

Thanks much,

Marcello

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The current method for backing up ISE nodes is to use the built-in backup utility.  VMware VADP is not listed as a supported method because it has not been vetted by our QA teams.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The current method for backing up ISE nodes is to use the built-in backup utility.  VMware VADP is not listed as a supported method because it has not been vetted by our QA teams.

Regards,

-Tim

Tim, hi,

I've some additional questions related to VMware:

- do the virtual appliances behave without service interruptions when DRS (Distributed Resource Scheduler) decides to relocate one of these servers to balance host performances?

- Are snapshots and Storage vMotioning also supported?

Based on the install guide vMotion is supported but not sure about the Storage as well.

Thanks for the quick answer,

Cheers,

Marcello

chrivand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I have found that currently vMotion is stated in the config guide as being supported. Is that correct?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-1/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide21/b_ise_InstallationGuide21_chapter_010.pdf

If so, what are the limitations and guidelines?

Thanks in advance!