Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE application server not starting

nikhilcherian
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All,

I am running ISE 2.2 with patch 3, when I executed application stop ise, I saw the below logs

Error response from daemon: no such id: irf-core-engine-runtimeirf-core-engine-runtime is not running

Error response from daemon: no such id: irf-rabbitmq-runtimeirf-rabbitmq-runtime is not running

Error response from daemon: no such id: irf-mongo-runtimeirf-mongo-runtime is not running

When I start ise again (application start ise), the application server is stuck in initialization, Is there anything I can check

Regards

Nikhil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

arnabha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nikhil

Have you tried 'application start ise safe' ? If this doesn't work I would suggest a reset-config and if this still doesn't work you may have to perform a reimage.

If you are going for a reset config you may need to generate CSR again unless you have backed up a copy certificates with private key.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

arnabha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nikhil

Have you tried 'application start ise safe' ? If this doesn't work I would suggest a reset-config and if this still doesn't work you may have to perform a reimage.

If you are going for a reset config you may need to generate CSR again unless you have backed up a copy certificates with private key.

Thanks

Also it would be nice to investigate with the TAC to get a bug if needed

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The messages on irf are expected when TC-NAC disabled. However, ISE should be able to start correctly.

This is what I observed in my setup

1>>I have two boxes running ISE 2.2 patch 3.

2>>I broke the HA for upgrade and didn't join HA back, the boxes are independent now

3>> I am mainly using the ISE boxes for Wireless CWA guest authentication.

4>> I have opened the admin console ( GUI for the ISE box) from Mozilla browser

5>> The ISE boxes are getting requests from the wireless controller for guest authentication

6>> I change the host name of the ISE, which restart the ISE application,

7>> When ISE receives the CWA request from the wireless controller during application restart, this crashes the ISE application

I observed this behavior with both my boxes and had to re-image

Regars

Nikhil