3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

julian.bendix
Level 3
Level 3

Did you try restarting the service?

application stop ise
application start ise

If that doesn't help.. maybe try rebooting (Service should start automatically after reboot):

application stop ise
reboot

If that also doesn't help... TAC Case with Cisco

Hope that helps.

Best regards

View solution in original post

lrojaslo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try to reload the server as first option, and if it is a secondary node you can also perform a reset-config and join it back to the deployment for replication. 

Also, if you have no patches installed, I advise to upgrade patch to latest on the current version.

Version 2.3 is already end of support, so I would advise to upgrade to 2.4.  

naveen.gurjar
Level 1
Level 1

One more reason for app service stuck in initializing is due to MnT log DB to be full. Use the Show Disk command to see the file system and check the /opt folder size. You can purge or reset MnT DB file. Else you have to reboot and wait till it comes up.

7 Replies 7

julian.bendix
Level 3
Level 3

Did you try restarting the service?

application stop ise
application start ise

If that doesn't help.. maybe try rebooting (Service should start automatically after reboot):

application stop ise
reboot

If that also doesn't help... TAC Case with Cisco

Hope that helps.

Best regards

lrojaslo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try to reload the server as first option, and if it is a secondary node you can also perform a reset-config and join it back to the deployment for replication. 

Also, if you have no patches installed, I advise to upgrade patch to latest on the current version.

Version 2.3 is already end of support, so I would advise to upgrade to 2.4.  

Hi,

Before upgrading , the application server should be up and running?

Thankls

Hi

Done reload  , it is  the primary node . How can i  make  seconary node as active 

Thanks 

No need to have App server running for upgrade or patch install.

To make secondary active, login via GUI to secondary node and go to deployment tab, click on Make Primary.

This is what helped me. Once I did this it finally started working.

naveen.gurjar
Level 1
Level 1

One more reason for app service stuck in initializing is due to MnT log DB to be full. Use the Show Disk command to see the file system and check the /opt folder size. You can purge or reset MnT DB file. Else you have to reboot and wait till it comes up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: