Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE BYOD Onboarding

jodamus112
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Lab setup with ISE 1.3, WLC 5508 7.6.130.0. I have setup the ISE using Setup Assistant as a base point and have managed to get a couple of things working, such as the Guest Portal with Self Registration, standard Wireless dot1x authentication and authorizations for notebooks using AD. I have also setup a separate Wifi network for Mobile devices using AD authentication.

All 3 scenarios work with a bit of fine tuning and with the following configurations.

Separate Guest-Wifi - Self registration - Works

Separate Corporate Wifi - AD Authentication - profiling and posture check - Works

Separate BYOD Wifi - AD Authentication - Works.

The problem I have is that when I enable device registration on the BYOD Wi-Fi, I get intermittent issues as follows:

1 Ipad connects and registers without failure, iOS 8.1.1.

other Ipad with same iOS, connects but cannot register, gets BYOD Portal page, but after accepting AUP gives error about unsupported browser.

Iphone 5s, iOS 8.1.1 connects and registers intermittently, and when it fails, it gets BYOD Portal page, but after accepting AUP gives error about unsupported browser.

Iphone 4s, iOS 8.1.1 connects but cannot register,  gets BYOD Portal page, but after accepting AUP gives error about unsupported browser.

Can someone please advise why this is happening as I cannot see how its configuration error. I have checked the supported OS and Browsers for the portal and although the highest supported iOS is 8.0, why does the 1 Ipad work everytime and the Iphone 5s intermittently.

thanks.

Julian.

5 Replies 5

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what is the browser you are using..try to use safari

Hi Venkatesh,

Yes I am using safari. but note that it works on safari intermittently?

Thanks.

Hi,

thanks for the help, I managed to resolve.

I had to enable the following on the WLC.

"config network web-auth captive-bypass enable"

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Supported IOS versions in ise 1.3 :http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-3/compatibility/ise_sdt.html#49426

Client Machine Operating System
Web Browser
Supplicants (802.1X)

Apple iOS 8.0

• Safari

Apple iOS Supplicant 8.0

Apple iOS 7.x11

• Safari

Apple iOS Supplicant 7.x

Apple iOS 6.x

• Safari

Apple iOS Supplicant 6.x

Apple iOS 5.1

• Safari

Apple iOS Supplicant 5.1

Apple iOS 5.0.1

• Safari

Apple iOS Supplicant 5.0.1

Hi Mohanak,

thank you you for the response.

i have checked the compatibility for ise1.3 and saw what you posted but Are you saying IOS 8.1 is not supported?

if so, why can I register certain 8.1 devices.

also I did some further testing since my last post and the devices I had problems registering are now registered, but I still find same problem of unsupported browser with new devices I want to register with iOS 8.1.

the problem is intermittent.