Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE compatibility with non Cisco Radius client

wick54namal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We have a requirement, where part of our organization using different wireless solution (Riverbed Xirrus) requires to use radius capability on ISE authenticate/authorize wireless clients. 

I have checked the option to add the Xirrus controller as authorized radius client in ISE, however it seems device profiles are limited to few vendors and Xirrus is not one of them, Also there is no default profile.

I'm running on ISE version 2.0.1.130

Hope someone confirm the compatibility factor and recommend what is best profile to use.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That make sense, thanks for the quick response.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi

If you study the ISE configuration section regarding Radius Profiles you'll see what kinds of things one can configure there.  Things that vary amongst vendors are how CoA are done (mostly all vendors differ from Cisco's implementation) and then what attributes are sent during 802.1X etc. 

If your vendor is not listen then it's usually not a train smash.  I would recommend the following

1. Analyse your requirements (e.g. do you care about CoA?) to see whether your flavour of Radius is any different from say, Cisco or Aruba?  Then just use those profiles
  2. Roll your own.  Make your own Radius profile using the vendor documentation/labbing etc.
  3. Contact Cisco on the Community forums where the Cisco TME's lurk.  The  Cisco SupportForum is great, but I have not seen many Cisco bods on it.
  4. Download the Xirrus ISE profile form June 2016 from https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-68268 - maybe there is even a newer one or you can modify this one accordingly

That make sense, thanks for the quick response.