Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE compatibility with old catalyst

jinapark
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team,

I'd like to clearly understand about the compatibility information between ISE 2.x and old catalyst models

such as C3560 and C2960 which is already EoS. I've gone through the Topics and TSN answers,

but seems like we've answered differently person by person, so I'd like to ask your advice.

Some people said, it's compatible as long as the customer use the recommended version sw,

some people said, it's only compatible against ISE 1.1 version and not validate against above 1.1...

But, I also could see that ISE 1.3 and the C3560 works fine in the personal lab...

Recently, we have a lot of question from our customers whether ISE 2.x version will be compatible with

C3560 and C2960, searching more time, I got more confused. Would you advice to me regarding this question?

Thank you,

Jina

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All the answers you've found are correct. We do not qualify EoS/EoL hardware for newer ISE releases, due to newer hardware available and higher priority, but that does not mean they would not work with ISE. If it an issue on ISE software, then we would address. If on the hardware platform or Cisco IOS side, then there is nothing we in ISE product teams can do, especially if the hardware is EoS/EoL.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All the answers you've found are correct. We do not qualify EoS/EoL hardware for newer ISE releases, due to newer hardware available and higher priority, but that does not mean they would not work with ISE. If it an issue on ISE software, then we would address. If on the hardware platform or Cisco IOS side, then there is nothing we in ISE product teams can do, especially if the hardware is EoS/EoL.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: