cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Condition - NAS IP Address Wildcard?

I'm trying to add a condition rule into an uthorization policy by using the 'NAS IP Address' with a IP address that has a wildcard in it, ie, 192.168.0.* but it doesn't seem to like that.  Does anyone know how I can use a wildcard in this field?  I only have option of 'Equals' 'Not Equals' so there is no 'Starts with'

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version of code are you on, you should be able to regex in combination with the "matches" argument. Here is a sample of the regex commands you can use with ISE.

Example 3: Matches—You select the CERTIFICATE dictionary, and you select the Organization value, which displays CERTIFICATE:Organization in the Expression field. You select the Matches operator in the second field (pull-down list). In the third field (text box), you enter a REGEX value to match Organization value. The following are some common options for "Matches:

–`Starts with'—for example, using the REGEX value of ^(Acme).*—this condition is configured as CERTIFICATE:Organization MATCHES `Acme' (any match with a condition that starts with "Acme").

–`Ends with'—for example, using the REGEX value of .*(mktg)$—this condition is configured as CERTIFICATE:Organization MATCHES `mktg' (any match with a condition that ends with "mktg").

–`Contains'—for example, using the REGEX value of .*(1234).*—this condition is configured as CERTIFICATE:Organization MATCHES `1234' (any match with a condition that contains "1234", such as Eng1234, 1234Dev, and Corp1234Mktg).

–`Does not start with'—for example, using the REGEX value of ^(?!LDAP).*—this condition is configured as CERTIFICATE:Organization MATCHES `LDAP' (any match with a condition that does not start with "LDAP", such as usLDAP or CorpLDAPmktg).

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tarik, I tried to put this condition in with regex and it failed, my condition:

And I get this:

So it doesn't look like it likes it...  I'm running:

ise-01/admin# sh application version ise

Cisco Identity Services Engine

---------------------------------------------

Version      : 1.1.3.124

Build Date   : Thu Feb  7 06:55:38 2013

Install Date : Fri Apr 12 14:17:44 2013

Cisco Identity Services Engine Patch

---------------------------------------------

Version      : 1

Install Date : Fri Apr 12 14:23:17 2013

Hi,

Can you try to use the argument "Matches" and if it is not present you can add this into an authorization condition (Policy Elements > Conditions > Authorization). Create the condition there and then call the condition in the authorization policy.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

For NAS-IP I only get EQUALS, NOT EQUALS, no matches

That is fine, you should be able to add this in the authorization condition.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Same thing

Hi,

Since you are trying to use the nas-ip-address with a wildcard you may want to consider mapping these network devices to a group and setting the group condition. However, I am curious to see if this is a bug, because I am able to run the matches condition against the Called-Station-ID.

Can you please run this by TAC and see if a bug needs to be opened or have a feature enhancement filed for this? I would assume all attributes should be able to use regex statements with the Matches arguement.

Thanks

Tarik Admani