cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE - CSCty54756 - how do I reindex a ISE database? Need help please!

JParks1979
Level 4
Level 4

Anybody know how to implement the workaround below?

Indexes got corrupted in MNT DB

CSCty54756

Symptom:
The ISE Dashboard will not show up any activities and when checked in the mnt-collector.out log file from support bundle you will see indexing errors
Conditions:
If you see indexing error as below :
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01502: index 'MNT.SYS_C0011721' or partition of such index is in unusable state.
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01502: index 'MNT.SYS_C0011720' or partition of such index is in unusable state
Workaround:
As a quick workaround Indexes needs to be re-executed and all this execution needs to be done under the guidance of MNT Dev
Further Problem Description:
When you observe if the dash board is not logging any information , even though authentications are happening successfully , then when we check the support bundle for mnt-collector.out log and if we happen to see the above SQL Exceptions , we can conclude that due to index errors , dash board is not writing any logs.

6 Replies 6

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Open up a TAC case. The guys will help you get this running or check for the error.

Basically they need to access DB on MNT node.

Thanks i TAC'd it. Appreciate the quick response

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello all,

I actually have the same problem with my Cisco ISE with Dashboard showing nothing and cisco ISE returning Database Failure like as shown below:

"Database failure (nnpc-ise, Posture)
Exception:
ORA-01502: index 'MNT.SYS_C0011756' or partition of such index is in unusable state"

Kindly advise me on how i can fix this error.

NOTE: I AM USING CISCO AS AS STANDALONE MODE I DO NOT HAVE MONITORING NODE.

What is ISE version and patch level. Is this machine virtual or appliance. What is the disk space allocated

harvisin
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I went through your query and I would suggest you to go for TAC, they would be help you out.

JParks1979
Level 4
Level 4

FYI I opened up TAC case and was provided with a utility to download to the ISE appliance which gives you root access as well as extra CLI commands to indentify and correct the corrupt the indexes.  Once this was done the issue was resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: