cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE - device admin expires with eval license. Then what?

ggalteroo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

It's a simple question but I didn't find the answer. Not a clear one anyways.

I'm running ISE 2.2 with a permanent Base license. I'm also using "device admin", but still on the evaluation license. Do any of you know what's going to happen when the evaluation license expire?

I understand that "...Cisco ISE continues to provide services to endpoints that exceed license entitlement..." but this might only apply to RADIUS authentications. It's not very clear.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Device Admin based on my understanding is for TACACS and you would need a valid license once the 90 days trial expires.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Device Admin based on my understanding is for TACACS and you would need a valid license once the 90 days trial expires.

Thanks for your time, Abraham. You're right. It's for TACACS+. But just so you know, I let another ISE's eval license expire, and the 'device admin' check box stayed selectable. No apparent interruption. I have to do some further testing but so far it looks to be running.

Regards

Peter

The question becomes if you can get TAC Support because no valid license for TACACS is installed.

Right. Surely won't get any support.

Well, although the checkbox stayed selectable, this feature stopped working. Make sure to update to permanent before the expiration date.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: