cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE disk usage following a restore

cameronreeves
Level 1
Level 1

I have a production system running ISE 2.1 Patch 6. Total disk used is ~500gb.

I have built an ISE 2.1 P6 test system (for assessing the 2.1 to 2.2 upgrade process and duration) and restored the config and operational backups from the production system to my test system. Total disk used is ~200gb.

Questions:

- Does ISE do an automatic purge at some point of the backup or restore?

- Do I need to complete a 'backup-logs' from the CLI to backup/restore system logs in addition to the operational backup?

As a separate challenge, I wish there was an easy way to determine the total amount of space used by logging files/databases within ISE. Perhaps the inclusion of overall disk usage (and a subset for logging usage) as part of the System Summary on the Home Page. How do other people manage disk usage within ISE - CLI, SNMP, other?

16 Replies 16

@mcloudops  - it's nothing you can influence - it will be a software bug of some sort.  Best to open a TAC case and let them look under the hood.

I saw this recently with ISE 2.2 patch 8 where the /root just filled up and killed the whole system. Due to some ISE journaling bug and in addition, a kernel crash (8GB) that then filled the entire partition.  Crazy stuff.  Only TAC can fix this because only they hold the keys to the castle :-(

Thanks Arne

Ill check with TAC