cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE EasyConnect and 802.1X machine authentication integration...

rezaalikhani
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all;

Because of some limitations of implementing User-based 802.1X port-based authentication (like, a user cannot change an expired password), I want to implements machine-based 802.1X authentication (based on PEAP - MSCHAPv2). Based on this document, it is a supported scenario. So, I have implemented machine-based 802.1X and now everything looks great. Please look at the following figure:

2.png

I have created the above Authorization Policy for the purpose of this scenario (machine-based 802.1X authentication).

Now, I created the following Authorization Policy for the purpose of implementing EasyConnect:

3.png

Although I have enabled the "Passive Identity Tracking" option for "HR_Users" Authorization Profile, when a user in "HR_Users" group logins to the machine, ISE does not match with the above rule!

Any ideas?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Is your integration with AD working correctly? It's been a while since I tried this, but I recall that you can see all the events in ISE (if the WMI integration is working)

Thanks for your reply...

My first question is that, is this scenario supported by Cisco?

My second question is, are the configured policies are correct?

Yes, I have checked the AD integration, and everything is OK!

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If your ISE is of 2.2 before Patch 17, 2.4 before Patch 13, 2.6 before Patch 7, you might run into a known bug which resolved in these patch releases.

Thanks for your reply;

Can you please give me the link of any docs that help me to implement this scenario?

Thanks

You can try this link here.

And Labminutes.com has a two part video series where you can watch how it's done (Easy Connect using Passive ID)