cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE equivalent to ACS Monitoring and Report Viewer Web Services available ?

dgrassle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello ISE Experts,

CU ist migrating from ACS 5.8 to ISE 2.3

For MAB they currently use in ACS the Monitoring and Report Viewer Web Services - getAuthenticationStatusByTimeUnit() - to generate internal tickets for failed MAB requests. Additional a daily report is generated to document  the failed MAB requests via this function.

From ISE API-Documentation I didn't found any reference to get failed Radius authentication requests via API. 
Anything I missed here ?    

Any hints and tips welcome.

Thanks in advance

-Dieter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Krishnan,

thx.

I saw this "Authentication Status API" Call but unfortunately you can get only the status of a specific MAC not for

generating status information for all MAC's in a defined time range.

Anyway we found a solution with Syslog-Splunk to get the needed informations.

-Dieter

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are correct that ISE is NOT offering such web services as ACS Monitoring and Report Viewer Web Services as external API.

That said, you can use ISE Monitoring REST APIs for looking at auth status failures and for troubleshooting. There are just API’s for monitoring only.

Here is the link for that

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-1/api_ref_guide/api_ref_book/ise_api_ref_ch3.html

-Krishnan

Hi Krishnan,

thx.

I saw this "Authentication Status API" Call but unfortunately you can get only the status of a specific MAC not for

generating status information for all MAC's in a defined time range.

Anyway we found a solution with Syslog-Splunk to get the needed informations.

-Dieter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: