Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Express EOL/EOS and new versions?

Hi there,

So, ISE Express is set to EOL and "End of SW Maintenance Releases Date :App SW" is set to January 31, 2020 .

As ISE comprises the regular ISE VM with some license limitations, and the regular ISE VM will still have releases after January 31, 2020, will customers with active maintenance still be able to download and use new ISE VM versions after January 31 2020?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes as long as your support contract is valid it doesn’t matter.
The only thing going away ise express bundle which is simply an inexpensive way to get ise with some base licenses and a vm

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes.

Ise express is a bundle of normal base licenses and a single VM

The functionality is the same as the licenses are the same

Entitlement is a different story. You’re only entitled to a single VM if you want to add more you have to purchase the upgrade to deploy more vms

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/identity-services-engine-express/index.html

I understand that.

But the question is:

- If I have ISE Express with active SWSS and a new version, say version 2.6, is released after 31 Jan 2020, will I be entitled to use it? That is, will I be able/entitled to upgrade the bundled VM to version 2.6?

Thanks

The only thing going away ise express bundle which is simply an inexpensive way to get ise with some base licenses and a vm

Hello sir

I have another question about this ;

Before , You said the partner can upgrade from ISE express 2.X verson upgrade to ISE express higher version,as long as
they have valid contract ,So if they upgrade after , They want add license cab be use this SKU (L-ISE-BSE-PLIC= ) ?  If they had ISE 2.4 version ?

@Jason Kunst wrote:

I don’t understand the question

As long as the have a valid support contract they can download ise software and upgrade if needed.

There is no special ise express software. Its the same software for all use. It’s just a license bundle of inexpensive base licensing and a single VM

If you want to add base licenses to the deployment they can simply buy base licenses

If they want to add more VMs or exceed 5000 licenses then they will need to be entitled to it by purchasing a license upgrade

If you have further questions on ordering or licensing please reach out to the ise product management team internally