Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE guest javascript for success page with auto redirect on countdown

Federico Ziliotto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

A customer has a guest CWA portal with auto redirect to www.google.com on success.

However, they are running into a corner case with Android endpoints, where an Android smartphone starts trying to reach google.com too quickly, when the CoA has not finished yet. As a result, the redirection on success fails and end users have the impression of a failed/timed out connection even if they are correctly authenticated.

We were thinking about implementing a standard Authentication Success page, which usually should not automatically redirect, but by also injecting a javascript in the portal's Optional Content, to actually automatically redirect to google.com with a countdown (possibly showing that countdown too). This may give enough time for the CoA to kick in, and only after few seconds the automatic redirection would be triggered.

Is such a javascript feasible and does anyone maybe know how to implement it?

Thank you in advance,

Federico

1 Accepted Solution
3 Replies 3

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I thought I had one from before but can’t find it, investigating. I think it is possible

Thanks Jason, I was positive too about its feasibility, but could not find any previous examples. Please feel free to let me know when you'll have more details. Cheers!