cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Guest Portal and Macbook CoA

Genesis IT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I'm hoping someone has experienced something similar and has managed to fix it.  I'm running ISE 2.1 patch 3 with one PAN and two PSN (will be adding a second PAN in a few days) and testing my guest wireless portal.  At this point, we just have a portal page that asks to accept the T&Cs then lets the user though.  Everything I've tested with works fine except about half the time we have an issue with Macbooks (or possibly any Apple product) where after the user accepts the T&C the page just spins for up to 90 seconds then states "a problem has occurred".  If they disconnect and reconnect they have access (no need to accept the terms again) but it's not an ideal situation for the general public who most likely won't be tech savvy.

To me it seems like the client isn't processing the CoA correctly as ISE shows it gets added to the correct endpoint group and shows it sends a RADIUS Access-Accept.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have!

1 Reply 1

Genesis IT
Level 1
Level 1

I believe I have the issue fixed.  I ended up going into the hotspot portal (Work Centers > Guest Access > Configure > Guest Portal > Hotspot Guest Portal) and setting the CoA Type to Reauthenticate versus Terminate.  After doing this I haven't had a single Apple device experience the issue.