Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE GUEST Portal : Not automatically prompted to authentication portal

Dear,

I am using ISE 2.2.0 to manage authentication to a GUEST wifi.

Since a while, users are not automatically prompted to authentication webpage (portal).

So, I have to tell each of them to use the tips with 1.1.1.1 to force the display of the authentication Portal.

The issue concerns all the kind of devices : windows, android, I-phone, MAC, ...

I would like to solve it, but I don't know which settings should be checked.

Does someone can help me ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like the expected behaviour when Captive Network Assistant Bypass is enabled on the Wireless LAN Controller. Depending on your WLC version, the setting could be enabled globally or on a per-SSID basis.

You could disable the CNA Bypass, but you should be aware that you could run into other user experience issues due to various limitations with the vendor mini-browsers themselves.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like the expected behaviour when Captive Network Assistant Bypass is enabled on the Wireless LAN Controller. Depending on your WLC version, the setting could be enabled globally or on a per-SSID basis.

You could disable the CNA Bypass, but you should be aware that you could run into other user experience issues due to various limitations with the vendor mini-browsers themselves.