cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE install fails on VM

markanthony
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to install ISE on a VMWare server, following the install DOC but it keeps failing after the installation.  Everything seems to install just fine, I get the initial login prompt and it says to login with 'setup' for the frist time to configure it.  Upon entering setup, I get the following error (have also attached the screen shot).

"error: Input/putput errors foudn during the installation! Please reimage the appliance or VM from the installation media"

Looks like the install goes well though and copies all of the necessary files.

Any help would be appreciated.

ise_error.jpg

7 Replies 7

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I hope you are using the updated version of VMware and ISE. VMware workstation supported for ISE installation.  I am giving you the installation guide for ISE on VMware and Esxi server. Please follow the steps, i have done my installation using this guide only.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0.4/install_guide/ise104_vmware.html

Hi,

I am having the same problem when imaging an ACS 5.2 server to ISE 1.1.1.268 by booting it on the CD. During the installation, all is fine except that when I type "setup", I obtain the error message mentioned above.

Please help !

David

HI David,

What model/appliance are you running? You may try to reimage the appliance again before you raise a request for RMA.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Hi,

Yes I tried to reimage twice.

I downloaded the latest ISO file with version 1.1.4.218 and I could successfully reimage my ACS to ISE.

I don't know why the 1.1.1 version did not work...

David

Alright so it's working fine with the latest version 1.1.4.218 now? Are you able to execute the setup command?

~BR
Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

Hi,

Yes everything is fine when imaging with 1.1.4.218.

Best regards,

David

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

markanthony,

What version of ISE and ESX are you using for ISE installation?

~BR
Jatin Katyal

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: