Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Integration with Lobby Ambassador Ticketing System for Guest Access

tlenzenh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Team, 

One of our customers (National TV Channel) is in the process of a new ISE deployment and as part of moving to a new building they will also deploy a Lobby Ambassador Ticketing System (the typical tablets at the office lobby where visitors can register for the day, get a sticker printed, etc.).

The question that the customer raised was how ISE can integrate with such a Lobby Ambassador ticketing system in relation to wireless Guest access. What they try to achieve is that when a visitor enters their details into the Lobby Ambassador Ticketing System such as:

• Full Name
  • Company
  • Mobile
  • Email
  • Who they're visiting

the system should then ie. create a Guest account for wireless guest access in ISE and send those details via email and/or SMS to the visitor.

I would assume this kind of integration requires some for of API integration with the LATS vendor. Has anyone worked on something similar before and can provide me some guidance around how this is usually accomplished, any pitfalls we should be aware of, etc.?
Thanks in advance

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE has Guest REST APIs that should allow this to be performed with your Lobby Ambassador Ticketing System (LATS). Our only documented Guest solution integration using APIs is with Envoy @ http://cs.co/ise-guides#Envoy > Envoy Help Center: Cisco ISE integration.

Also look at the example I showed recently for creating a Guest via ISE API in ISE Guest creation using Python script  to help you and the customer understand how simple it is (1 REST call) from your LATS.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE has Guest REST APIs that should allow this to be performed with your Lobby Ambassador Ticketing System (LATS). Our only documented Guest solution integration using APIs is with Envoy @ http://cs.co/ise-guides#Envoy > Envoy Help Center: Cisco ISE integration.

Also look at the example I showed recently for creating a Guest via ISE API in ISE Guest creation using Python script  to help you and the customer understand how simple it is (1 REST call) from your LATS.

Thanks a lot for the feedback Thomas, appreciate it!

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: