cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE license base and plus (PxGrid)

pmlam3274
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have a question on Cisco ISE licensing requirement (Base and Plus).  i notice on a Cisco ISE licensing document, it mention that the Plus sessions licensed must be equal to the number of Base sessions licensedif you are doing PxGrid.  Why is this is needed?  I ask because currently we have over 900 endpoints and i dont see the Plus license ever consume over 400. 

Cisco ISE 2.7 Admin Guide: Licensing - Cisco

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I do not see a technical reason for this either. If you can observe that your ISE Plus license consumption is increasing to a new, steady minimum then purchase more licenses. There cannot be any "stealth" Plus licensing ... if there is such a thing, then it needs to be clearly articulated in the documentation or in the ISE Ordering Guide.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are both correct that ISE is not currently counting endpoint sessions due to pxGrid context sharing. Still, do following the ordering guide to meet the entitlements.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: