Helpful
Replies

ISE - License for only using Radius

jimmy10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Quick question

Do I need a license to use Cisco ISE for only Radius authentication with Meraki Wi-Fi devices?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Any type of ISE usage requires a license. If you are only doing authentication and basic authorization then you need at a minimum the ISE VM license (or hardware appliance) and ISE Essentials licenses. Every concurrent active RADIUS session consumes a license.

A support SKU is included with most VM purchases and is required in addition to the aforementioned licenses in order to get TAC support and upgrade entitlement.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jimmy10
Level 1
Level 1

Also, if I am only using a Base license, do I get TAC support with that?

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Any type of ISE usage requires a license. If you are only doing authentication and basic authorization then you need at a minimum the ISE VM license (or hardware appliance) and ISE Essentials licenses. Every concurrent active RADIUS session consumes a license.

A support SKU is included with most VM purchases and is required in addition to the aforementioned licenses in order to get TAC support and upgrade entitlement.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: