Helpful
Replies

ISE License

a50573329
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

could you please support me on this 

one of the customers has two ise nodes 3515 and 3615 with base license 500 node and he needs to increase the license with esthetical which is the replacement for the base, the quantity needs to be increased to 100 licessne

what is the way to increase license?

Do the current devices have to accept essential licenses?

what is the status of the base license if we add 100 essentials?

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, they will be converted to Essential licenses which are subscription based.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

What ISE version they are running? 3.x? if so, then the base licenses should be converted to essential, so in the end you would have 600 essential licenses. base, plus, and apex are all part of ISE old licensing model. Please note that essential, advantage, and premier are all subscription based licenses.

yes, the user running 3. X  

the user has a concern he needs to keep the base license permanent as he purchased it for the first time and it's permanent so if he migrates it will be a subscription?

Yes, they will be converted to Essential licenses which are subscription based.

Thanks, dear one more question, please.

for the current situation if he doesn't need to convert the current base license and needs to add 100 from essential he can able to install the new one along with the old one so the total will be 500 bases + 100 new essentials.

regards

You're welcome. I'm not sure if they can keep the old base licenses on their ISE 3.x, because starting from ISE 3.0 the old "legacy" licenses such as base licenses in this case wouldn't be supported. Also, starting from ISE 3.0 only the smart licenses would be supported, so ISE would need to be connected to the smart account (Cisco SSM) unless it is an air-gapped deployment.

Dear,

Thanks for your support

I think the current OS the customer has is 2. X so if he needs to upgrade to 3. X needs to migrate the license to the new model and add the new license which he can add is this right?

a50573329_0-1707677587975.png