cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE local identity store, local groups

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

I have a half dozen user names that I have entered into the ISE internal identity store.  I have also created a user identity group "DeviceAdmins" that contains these half dozen names.  Now what I would like to do is to create an authentication rule that checks the radius supplied user name to see if it is contained within the DeviceAdmins group and if so then use the internal identity store.

This seems like it should be simple but I don't know how to create the policy to bump the user name up against the contents of the identity group.  The closest that I have gotten is to create an authentication compound condition that checks 

Radius:User-name equals userA or

Radius:user-name equals userB or (etc...)

Then use this condition in the policy statement and if it matches use the internal identity store.  But this ignores the user identity group entirely.  Is there any way to do this?

1 Reply 1

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

Your authentication policy should check against "Internal Users", then your Authorization policy should check User Identity Group "DeviceAdmins" with no RADIUS check and it should work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: