Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Log Buffering and ISE Messaging Service

rezaalikhani
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all;

As you know, ISE Messaging Service (introduced ins ISE 2.6) is responsible for MnT WAN survivability and SYSLOG over TLS functionalities. As far as I know, ISE have similar functionality (see the figure below). Am i right?

1.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@rezaalikhani the image you posted shows the configuration in ISE that is used if you want ISE to send SYSLOGs to a remote SYSLOG receiver using TCP. e.g if you wanted to send secure SYSLOGs to your own Solarwinds/Splunk etc.

The default TCP port for secure SYSOG is 6514. But ISE doesn't use it natively. I have never seen this enabled out of the box. "ISE Messaging Service" uses TCP/8671 and it's under the hood - you don't get to play with the port settings.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@rezaalikhani the image you posted shows the configuration in ISE that is used if you want ISE to send SYSLOGs to a remote SYSLOG receiver using TCP. e.g if you wanted to send secure SYSLOGs to your own Solarwinds/Splunk etc.

The default TCP port for secure SYSOG is 6514. But ISE doesn't use it natively. I have never seen this enabled out of the box. "ISE Messaging Service" uses TCP/8671 and it's under the hood - you don't get to play with the port settings.