Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE management gui slow after upgrade from 2.1 to 2.4

d.stavasen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just wanna check if anyone else had the same experience with 2.4 upgrade as us. GUI worked fine with 2.1. We have installed all 3 patches that comes with this version and that helped us with latency we saw with client authentication. Now we thinking about downgrade to 2.3 to see if this gets us to a state that are usable. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this an appliance or a VM?  If an appliance, what model?  SNS-3415, SNS-3495, SNS-3515, SNS-3595?

If a VM, what are the specific numbers for the CPU Reservation?  Memory Reservation?

View solution in original post

As seen here, from the Cisco SNS 3500 Series Appliance Hardware Installation Guide, the SNS-3595 should have 64 GB RAM:SNS-3595.png

In the Cisco Identity Services Engine Installation Guide, Release 2.4, the VM specs for the SNS-3595 equivalent specifically call out 64GB RAM, too.SNS-3595 VM.png

In a distributed deployment, whereas all personas are on a different node, the PSNs have a maximum of 40,000 concurrent endpoints each.  You have 2 PSNs with 25,000 endpoints.  You might want to take a look at the RAM.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
2.2 is the current recommended long term release however 2.4 should become that with the latest patch. 2.3 is not recommended and there is no downgrade path

Please work with the tac to see if they can help debug why it’s slow

I am currently using ISE 2.4. I first got the equipment and I set it up, but EST service not running. I referenced the bug CSCvj11319, but I have not found a solution.

I hope you can solve it easily and concisely. Please do not leave us a few days.

The community is not meant for troubleshooting break fix. Please work with the tac

We have an TAC case open. Will update if there is anything that could help the community.

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this an appliance or a VM?  If an appliance, what model?  SNS-3415, SNS-3495, SNS-3515, SNS-3595?

If a VM, what are the specific numbers for the CPU Reservation?  Memory Reservation?

Both. 2 PSN nodes on SNS-3595, and 2 PSN, 2 PAN, 2 MNT nodes on 8 cores, 32GB. 35k endpoints. We waiting on TAC now. Will keep you updated!

As seen here, from the Cisco SNS 3500 Series Appliance Hardware Installation Guide, the SNS-3595 should have 64 GB RAM:SNS-3595.png

In the Cisco Identity Services Engine Installation Guide, Release 2.4, the VM specs for the SNS-3595 equivalent specifically call out 64GB RAM, too.SNS-3595 VM.png

In a distributed deployment, whereas all personas are on a different node, the PSNs have a maximum of 40,000 concurrent endpoints each.  You have 2 PSNs with 25,000 endpoints.  You might want to take a look at the RAM.

hi moreton 

ISE.jpg

I set it like the above.
Web admin ISE2.jpgpage is not open

Seems like you’re duplicating your postings please contact the tac to work further

We changed to 64GB on all nodes yesterday and also reserved memory. After this we have seen huge improvement. We will see if we change the memory reservation. Haven´t seen anywhere that its necessary.

We changed to 64GB on all nodes yesterday and also reserved memory. After this we have seen huge improvement. We will see if we change the memory reservation. Haven´t seen anywhere that its necessary. Thanks for the support!

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just going to put this out there with you. I noticed the exact same thing taking 100k active endpoint deployment from 2.1 to 2.4.  Even with super mnt's it feels very not super, it's like someone stuffed some kryptonite the nodes pockets.   

Also wouldn't suggest upgrading to 2.4 at least until patch 4 is released if you manage a large environment. 

Exactly the same feeling we having :) Heard anything about patch 4?