cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Management Policies Sugestion

julianomluz
Level 1
Level 1

I want to simplify our management policies in ISE  for the devices. For management policies I mean the rules that allow access (cli, http, console) to the devices. We have dozen of different device types (routers, switches, firewalls, ...) and today we filter this by NAS-Service-Type and NAS-Port-type. Since every brand/model send different attributes, the rules are becoming confuse. My question is how do you organize this type of rules? Is there a way to filter management access using only a few common conditions? 

2 Replies 2

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Device Admin in ISE allows for Policy Sets.  I build out my TACACS Profiles based upon Vendor and Type.  Then I create a different Policy Set per Vendor and Type (switches/Wireless Controllers/etc.)  Of course, those that use the same attributes can be (and are) grouped in the same Policy Sets.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since Charlie did not shamelessly plug his upcoming webinar on this very topic, I will!

Register for Building ISE RADIUS Policy Sets happening next week!

If you cannot make it, it will be posted to our CiscoISE YouTube Channel ~1 week after the delivery.

20220503 ISE Webinar - Building ISE RADIUS Policy Sets - promo.png