Helpful
Replies

ISE Monitor Node(s) is About to Exceed the Maximum Amount of Allocated

Saran Komgris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Alarm Name: High Operations DB Usage

Details: ISE Monitor node(s) is about to exceed the maximum amount of allocated RADIUS disk space

Description: The ISE M&T node(s) are experiencing higher volume of syslog data than expected

So,

Setting for 90 days is ok but as you can see in the first picture data is stored for 360 days (It isn’t purged and stored only 90 days). I found bug CSCvu68240 which symptom is like what I found.

The point is:

After manually purge both RADIUS and TACACS for data older than 90 days, only RADIUS data is purged but TACACS is still stored for 360 days. Please help check if it’s normal behavior or not.  

ISE.png

ISE version: 2.6.0.156 Patch 10, running on VM

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Unfortunately, I can't help with this specific issue but do you really need/want 365 days of log storage on ISE?  Typically its recommended to dump the logs to an external syslog system to avoid issues such as this.  

Also: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/bulletin-c25-2503911.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: