cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE monitoring: endpoints available for specific needs ?

ypanier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A customer asked us to monitor some specifics elements on their ISE.
Despite a quick read of api documentation , i'm not sure that all information asked are available through the API.

The elements who were asked to monitor are :

- number of sessions (a plugin seems to already exist for centreon)

- internal process status

- backups state

- health check

- cluster status

- licenses status

- internal certificate authority status

Except for sessions status, i'm not sure there is possibility to monitor the required elements listed above.

Is there someone who could confirm the availability of those information and eventually pointed us to the right endpoints please ?

Thanks,

Best regards, 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ldanny  - I think @ypanier  is well aware of that - the point is that the REST API does not contain the parts that are asked about.  I had a look in the ISE 2.4 API just now and I cannot find any of the topics listed.  

Great question.  And perhaps some of it is comes from SNMP ... but who wants to use SNMP ...? :-(

At least if we had linux shell access we could probably answer all of these queries via some scripting ... (sorry I had to bring up that old topic again - but ISE keeps us hamstrung with this limitation)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you enable ERS APIs on ISE and will get an extensive list of the available APIs and documentation.

Hi @ldanny  - I think @ypanier  is well aware of that - the point is that the REST API does not contain the parts that are asked about.  I had a look in the ISE 2.4 API just now and I cannot find any of the topics listed.  

Great question.  And perhaps some of it is comes from SNMP ... but who wants to use SNMP ...? :-(

At least if we had linux shell access we could probably answer all of these queries via some scripting ... (sorry I had to bring up that old topic again - but ISE keeps us hamstrung with this limitation)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: