Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE - Multiple Sponsor Portals

Fernando Magnus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community!

I would like to know if it's possible to have multiple sponsor portals in Cisco ISE 3.2 that are completely independent from each other.

I know I can create more than one sponsor portal, but when logging into any of them, the account database is shared.

Here's my use case: In a campus, there is a visitor network covering the entire area using self-registration. Within this campus, there's a specific event area where an exclusive SSID was created, along with another portal customized for the event, also using self-registration.

For both portals, a phone number is mandatory for sending credentials via SMS (the phone number is not necessarily the username for login).

The issue arises when a user uses both the general visitor network and the event network. This user ends up creating two accounts (one for visitors and another for events, both with the same phone number).

However, if the user forgets their credentials and tries to recover the password by providing the phone number, ISE informs that there are multiple accounts linked to that phone number.

I understand there may not be a solution, but what I need to know is: Is there a way for each of these accounts to be created in a different database within the sponsor portal, to facilitate the password recovery process when needed?

Thank you in advance for your attention, and any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No. ISE is not built to be multi-tenant, so there is a single Guest database. You might consider using a Hotspot portal for the Event space instead of a registered guest.

View solution in original post

Fernando Magnus
Level 1
Level 1

Issue resolved.
Providing an explanation for future reference in case someone encounters a similar problem.
We resolved it as follows:
The visitor network will remain as is.
The event network will now use email as the login instead of the phone number, to allow for differentiation between users.
We also modified the Sponsor Group so that each sponsor can only view the accounts created by their own group.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No. ISE is not built to be multi-tenant, so there is a single Guest database. You might consider using a Hotspot portal for the Event space instead of a registered guest.

Fernando Magnus
Level 1
Level 1

I thought there wouldn't be a way, but I just wanted to confirm. Thank you for clarifying.

As for the hotspot, it has been discarded. The client wants to use the data registered in the guest portal for commercial purposes.

We will look for an alternative solution. Thanks once again.

Fernando Magnus
Level 1
Level 1

Issue resolved.
Providing an explanation for future reference in case someone encounters a similar problem.
We resolved it as follows:
The visitor network will remain as is.
The event network will now use email as the login instead of the phone number, to allow for differentiation between users.
We also modified the Sponsor Group so that each sponsor can only view the accounts created by their own group.