cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE nac Agent automatic upgrade possible ?

vrz rrr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have this :

802.1x windows with NacAgent version (let's say 1) <----> 802.1x Enabled Switch (aaa radius OK) <------> ISE and AD on the same LAN

ISE is configured for client provisionning with material (NacAgent version 2) downloaded from Cisco website (as depicted in the documentation)

I've a basic authentication and authorization scheme that let me in properly but I expect the NACAgent to be upgraded.

No profiling is configured for the time being.

Is anybody can help ?

Best regards ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

In the ISE client provisioning settings, you an enable the option where the NAC agent upgrade is mandatory. However it is up to you to run perioidic updates and to map the latest agent in the client provisioning settings.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

vrz rrr
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco website says :

"When users first log into a network that is  managed by Cisco ISE and requires access via an agent, they are prompted  to install temporal or persistent agents"

But how can I get to a network "managed" via an Agent ?

V.

Hi,

In the ISE client provisioning settings, you an enable the option where the NAC agent upgrade is mandatory. However it is up to you to run perioidic updates and to map the latest agent in the client provisioning settings.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hi Tarik,

Your are right regarding that option "upgrade is mandatory"

However, my case was that you do need to enter the ISE's FQDN on the NAC Client and make sure that DNS operates properly.

Once authenticated, the NAC agent shows an upgrade message.

It works.

Thank you all.