Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE node group add/delete PSN impact

csavas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

my customer has a large ISE deployment with 6x PSN behind LB, two further PSN locations with each two PSNs.

Customer has no node group configured yet. I want to understand the impact creating a node group and adding PSN to the group. The customer already deployed a part of their endpoints but not finished the deployment. My question/concern is if this would affect the deployed endpoints in the network oder restarts even the PSNs.

Thanks in advance. 

Cengiz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There won’t be any impact,It optimizes the replication of endpoint profiling data by retaining less significant attributes local to the group and reducing the information that is replicated to the remote nodes in the network. Node group members also check on the availability of peer group members. If the group detects that a member has failed, it attempts to reset and recover all URL-redirected sessions on the failed node.

Please make sure both are connected on same network before adding into node group.

-Aravind

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Please refer this guide https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0/user_guide/ise10_dis_deploy.html#wp1134272

Deleting a node group does not delete any of the nodes that belong to it. The nodes are simply dissociated from the group.

-Aravind

Thanks for the link.
But what about creating a node group and adding nodes? Any impact?

There won’t be any impact,It optimizes the replication of endpoint profiling data by retaining less significant attributes local to the group and reducing the information that is replicated to the remote nodes in the network. Node group members also check on the availability of peer group members. If the group detects that a member has failed, it attempts to reset and recover all URL-redirected sessions on the failed node.

Please make sure both are connected on same network before adding into node group.

-Aravind