Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Password Change Portal (UCP) with My Devices Portal Customization

disoares
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team,

My customer plans to migrate to ISE and today they use the UCP feature in ACS to change enable passwords. Will this feature be included in ISE?

Thanks,

Diego

25 Replies 25

OK, I'm past the error after a bit of research, (bug CSCuw29841-using an illegal<or > character in password--which explains the intermittency of the problem) and am ready to try the new script.  Where do I find the URL for the My devices portal?  Is this the administration -->"My Devices" MENU item's URL (the menu item that takes you to the My Devices Portal(default) and User Password Change Portal?  Or is it the url of the My Devices Portal (default)?  Thanks!

When you open the my devices portal the portal id is part of the URL

I actually found the portal id only after clicking "portal test URL".  It is portal=0af591e0-0f22-11e7-a828-cc46d6f7a563 I replaced it in the script, but the browser still hangs like before.

Hi Julie,

Could you please try to use this script?

<script>

$('#ui_changepwd_submit_button').on('click', function(evt){

sessionStorage.setItem('passwordChanged', true);

});

$(document).on('pageshow', function() {

var error = $('.cisco-ise-errors');

var hasErrors = error.length > 0;

var passwordChanged = sessionStorage.getItem('passwordChanged') == "true";

if (!hasErrors && passwordChanged) {

alert('Password has been changed');

sessionStorage.setItem('passwordChanged', false);

var logoutUrl = $('[href="Logout.action?portal=0af591e0-0f22-11e7-a828-cc46d6f7a563"]').attr('href');

window.location = logoutUrl;

};

});

</script>

It should works only with portal ID, which you told before.

Thanks.

To clarify from developer

I inserted customer's portal ID for that script.

I think customer accidentally deleted something like quote and it wont work.

I tested it on different portal, so it should work.

This is one way to Sign out. However I tested a few more ways, but they are not works.

This script works! After you get the "password has been changed" message, you get an "error loading page" for about 8 seconds before getting back to the sign on page, but that is a minor thing, and everything else works great. Thank you very much!

OK, I'm past the error, (bug CSCuw29841-using an illegal<or > character in password) and am ready to try the new script.  Where do I find the URL for the My devices portal?  Is this the administration -->"My Devices" MENU item's URL (the menu item that takes you to the My Devices Portal(default) and User Password Change Portal?  Or is it the url of the My Devices Portal (default)?  Thanks!

Damon Peterson
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe something broke this in a recent update.  Very well done but I enabled it today and it never moved from "my devices" to change password.  So the first script doesn't seem to be working.

Did you allow JavaScript In the admin settings?

Sometimes copy paste has issues as well

Serhii Pustovit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Damon,

I have tested that script today and it works.

Could you please try to use this script with increased delay ?

<script>

$(function(){

setTimeout(function(){

$('.ui-panel-content-wrap').hide();

$('.ui-link-inherit').first().click();

}, 2000);

});

</script>

Thanks.

Tested this in ISE 2.6 and it does not seem to be working. Posted a new thread for this:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/identity-services-engine-ise/ise-2-6-self-service-password-change-portal-not-working/m-p/3858481#M26915