cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Pixgrid Integration with FMC (ISSUE -> Connected Via XMPP)

MALi-786
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

While integrating ISE with FMC i noticed that ISE is showing "Connected via XMPP" and it's not showing connected via pixgrid. Pixgrid service is running. ISE version is 2.4 with patch 10.

I have a same issue in one more ISE cluster running on 2.2

Please help.

7 Replies 7

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
This is normal behavior. PxGrid uses XMPP (Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol) to exchange data between systems. I have DNAC, Firepower, and Stealthwatch integrated with my ISE cluster and they all reflect online (XMPP).

Hi, thanks for your reply. I also observed the same but unfortunately nothing specifically mentioned in cisco docs.

anyways thanks ☺️

Mike. How to know what version of pxgrid are we running on ISE ? In Adminstration > pxgrid services, i see systems connected via XMPP protocol so that means we are using pxgrid 1.0 ? As 2.0 is based on Rest-API

Hi,

If you are seeing FMC in both pxgrid all clients and webclient, then PxGrid
2.0 is used. However, if you see FMC in all clients only, then 1.0 is used.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

Got it. PxGrid version on ISE is not consistent and it depends on what platform we are integrating with it right ? Because some of the platform i see it only on the all clients and some other on web clients.

Yes, ISE have both listeners and it depends on the client.

Until 3.1, then it's pxGrid 2.0 only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: