cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE queue link and health status unavailable alarms

tachyon05
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a 5-node ISE 3.2 patch 6 deployment on SNS-3615 hardware, and I have been getting lots of queue link alarms and health status unavailable alarms. This started when the deployment was running on patch 4 but the situation didn’t improve after upgrading to patch 6. All servers have been rebooted many times, the root and ISE messaging certs have been regenerated many times as well. TACACS and RADIUS appear to continue to function as usual, so I am not clear what the issues are. Except for receiving these alarms via email, the only other thing that doesn’t appear to be normal is the primary PAN shows 66 million of messages and this number continues to increment. On the same deployment page, all other nodes show anywhere from 0 to a few hundred messages to be synced, but this number goes up and down and never above 1000. All nodes are green on the deployment page, and I am not seeing anything else out of the ordinary in the GUI.  Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

Hi @tachyon05 ,

1st Queue Link Error ... please take a look at ISE - Queue Link Error, it's a detailed Knowledge Base about this issue.

2nd at ISE > Administration > System > Deployment > Deployment > Deployment Status "bullseye", the PAN's Message Count is a "Sequence Number" and the PSN's Sync Status indicates how many messages need to be synched to reach the PAN "Sequence Number", a high number of Messages to be Synched could generate a Slow Replication issue, please take a look at ISE - Slow Replication, it's a detailed Knowledge Base about this issue.

Hope this helps !!!