Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE sample configuration guides

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We are in the process of working through the design detail / implementation for our new ISE. I am trying to work through how it will fit into our environment and some of the senarios for what we what to accomplish. I am trying to find some configuration guides or test lab setups to better understand and learn how to setup the profile pieces. For example - employees with or without a corporate asset - restricting (or granting) them access to servers based upon authentication through ISE. I am quickly getting into the area where I do not know enough to even know what questions to ask. For exampl does access need to exist already configured on the wired network and ISE is simply applying it or is it more of a dynamic process and once ISE determins the access can build and apply that access - better understand the interaction between ISE and AD, details on where and how ACL need to be or created for restricting access based upon ISE authentication, is this type of information created based upon the user policies and profiles or is more of it stored into AD records for that user, etc.. The more I work through the process with management the more questions come to light. We have had discussions with our account team on a high level of what we want to accomplish but now need to get into the actual process of laying out the details.

This appears to be a good and powerful tool and I want to make sure I do things hopefully right the first time. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Sorry for the rambling ....

Brent

4 Replies 4

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Please go through the below link. This link contain configuration example for ISE.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11640/prod_configuration_examples_list.html

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

Kindly check the following  link for better understanding and administrator of ISE

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_man_admin.html

Abha Jha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: