cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Update path (Licensing)

Todd S
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get a customers ISE 1.2 updated to ISE 2.3.  I wanted to check to make sure I'm going to order it correctly and was hoping that someone here could validate what I am looking at.  They do have current SmartNet for ISE.

R-ISE-VM-M-K9= - They currently have an old ISE appliance running 1.2  This should be the SKU to upgrade ISE and to run on a VM.  Is this necessary since they have SmartNet?

L-ISE-BSE-250= - They currently have Wireless (Mobility Upgrade in the newer versions) licensing.  I'm going to move them away from that licensing model and just give them Base licensing since they don't use the additional features that come with the Mobility Upgrade license. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In general Partner Help desk can answer Bill of Material / Ordering type questions. You can also check the ISE Ordering Guide (partner access required)

Specifically, the R-ISE-VM-M-K9 is a migration SKU for ACS-ISE migrations. You would need the one without an "M" as it would be a new VM and not a migration from a different product.

Smartnet entitles the customer to upgrades but not to platform change. That's why you need the VM SKU.

The Base license SKU you mentioned is fine.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In general Partner Help desk can answer Bill of Material / Ordering type questions. You can also check the ISE Ordering Guide (partner access required)

Specifically, the R-ISE-VM-M-K9 is a migration SKU for ACS-ISE migrations. You would need the one without an "M" as it would be a new VM and not a migration from a different product.

Smartnet entitles the customer to upgrades but not to platform change. That's why you need the VM SKU.

The Base license SKU you mentioned is fine.

Thank you Marvin.