Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE URT installation error

Geert Reijnders
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running the URT tool on our secondary admin node, for upgrading from version 3.1 (patch 7) to 3.2. When I try to install the URT tool I get the following message:

application install ise-urtbundle-3.2.0.542a-1.0.0.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz local
Save the current ADE-OS running configuration? (yes/no) [yes] ? yes
Generating configuration...
Saved the ADE-OS running configuration to startup successfully

Getting bundle to local machine...
Unbundling Application Package...
Verifying Application Signature...
Verified OK
Initiating Application Install...

###########################################
# Installing Upgrade Readiness Tool (URT) #
###########################################

Checking ISE version compatibility
- Successful

Checking ISE persona
- Failed (URT can only be run on Secondary Admin Node or Standalone
% Application install or upgrade cancelled.

And yes, I'm sure I'm running this on our secondary node. I did a syncup for this unit and after the reboot I still got this message. Has anyone an idea before I need to open a TAC case?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Geert Reijnders
Level 1
Level 1

Well, the issue was that I ran it at the secondary node. Not at the secondary administration node. When I enabled the administration functionality it worked.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You  may want to check show logging system ade/ADE.log after the installation of the URT tool is tried, another possibility is that the real reason is hidden and for instance due to a disk space problem , check if you have sufficient disk space on all partitions on the target ISE node , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Geert Reijnders
Level 1
Level 1

Hi M,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the harddisk and memory and there is sufficient diskspace or memory. the last logging message is:

ADE-SERVICE[1721]: [766980]:[error] application:install install_cli.c[150] [admin]: Error while Installing - Application bundle: ise-urtbundle-3.2.0.542a-1.0.0.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz Repository: local ErrorCode: -640

-   The error code -640  might indicate that the URT bundle is corrupt or invalid.

Check the integrity of the URT bundle file. You can do this using the shasum command:
                       shasum -a 256 ise-urtbundle-3.2.0.542a-1.0.0.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz

The output of this command should be a 64-character hexadecimal string. You can compare this string to the SHA-256 checksum that is listed on the Cisco ISE download page. If the checksums do not match, then the URT bundle file is corrupt and you will need to download a new copy.               

Make sure that the URT bundle file is in the correct directory. The URT bundle file must be located in the /opt/cisco/ise/ade/bundles directory. If the file is not in this directory, then you will need to move it there.

Restart the ADE service afterwards . You can do this by running the following command:

/opt/cisco/ise/ade/ade-service restart

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Geert Reijnders
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks. the file checksum was OK. I did a reload of the node, but this didn't resolved this issue either. I think I'm going to open a TAC case.

- Ok , if possible , keep us up to date , especially if the problem gets resolved , 

M.

Geert Reijnders
Level 1
Level 1

Well, the issue was that I ran it at the secondary node. Not at the secondary administration node. When I enabled the administration functionality it worked.